Friday, February 22, 2008

PMC Class

I’m so excited!!!! I signed up for a PMC class! YAY!!! I have wanted to take the PMC class for a long time, but things got in the way. The class is in two weeks at Wired Designs Studios. Here is their blog!

Class Description:
"Have you ever wanted to work with silver but thought it might be too difficult, time consuming or expensive? Now you can, using Precious Metal Clay® (PMC). PMC consists of microscopic particles of silver or gold suspended in an organic binder to create a pliable material with a consistency similar to that of modeling clay. PMC can be worked with fingers and simple tools to create a vast range of forms. When heated to a high temperature, the binder burns away and the metal particles fuse to form solid silver. PMC assays as pure silver that can be sanded, soldered, and polished like conventional materials. Students will learn the techniques to create multiple pieces of handcrafted silver art jewelry."

I love their store and I can’t wait to sign up to take more classes with them.

Unfortunately my sister-in-law (Irene) doesn’t have a sitter for her daughter that day so only mother-in-law (Hope) can take the class. But I have a feeling my Mother-in-law will want her daughter in the class and volunteer to stay behind and take care the baby. I am thinking of ordering the PMC kit from Fire Mountain Gems because it comes with a video; just so she get an idea plus we can show her also what we learn. I can’t wait!!!!

No comments: