Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Homemade Marshmallows

In January my boss came in with a box of homemade marshmallows that she wanted me to cover with Chocolate. She had bought them at wholefoods. After seeing how easy they were to coat with chocolate, she went home and made some for her family. Last night she went looking for more handmade marshmallows because she wanted to give chocolate covered marshmallows for Valentines day to her friends... but couldn't find them.

I volunteered to try and make them. I have never made them before. But tonight, I'm pulling my trusty kitchen aid mixer from its hiding place and going to attempt this! I've got a few recipes I found online, I'll be reading through them 'til I find the one I want to use.

Wish me luck.

****** UPDATE ********
They looked great, I had to wait 10 hours to cut them, so I waited 'til this morning and wow, they look and tast great!

I have class tonight so I was in a rush this morning to get to work and cut them. But my Boss loved them and tomorrow she wants me to cover them in chocolate at work for her. I'll take pictures.

I am so happy with the way they turned out.

No comments: